Mom-Approved Mother's Day Gifts
Because moms know best
If April showers bring May flowers, it’s only so you can gift them to your mother – or mother of your kids – in a vibrant bouquet. Because this Sunday is Mother’s Day, y’all! Like Scar says, Be Prepared.
But while we think a thoughtful card and a vase of spring flowers is always a winning combo, this year we reached out to our FoSG (friends of Style Girlfriend, natch) with real, live actual babies to get their perfect present ideas. Check out these mom-approved gifts that will surely surprise and delight all the mothers in your life.
Moms – and Style Girlfriend pals – sound off on their ideal Mother’s Day wish lists:
Hitha’s gift picks:
“At the end of the day, all a mother wants is time. Time to herself (if she’s a new mom), or time with you (if all her kids are older and out of the house). Rather than gift the typical flowers/card/candy, gift her some quality time, whether it’s giving her a moment to herself or sharing an experience with you.”
2. Birthstone Band: Ever since Rho was born, I’ve been wanting a piece of jewelry that I can wear every day to honor him (and, let’s be honest, add a little more bling to my daily accessory game). This aquamarine ring – Rho’s birthstone -is PERFECT.
3. Cosabella Pajamas: Nothing says “it’s time to relax” like a new pair of soft – and pretty – pajamas.
Co-founder of Health Coach Institute, training to become nutritionists and health coaches. Lives in Chicago with her husband and baby Evie, 6 months.
Carey’s gift ideas:
“Moms are hard-working super-humans (whether they work outside the home or not). So for Mother’s Day, the best gift you can get the mom(s) in your life is anything that does the work for her so she can take a freaking break.”
2. Homepolish Package: Give the gift of decorating a package of hours with a Homepolish interior decorator for that room she’s always wanted to decorate but can never find the time.
3. Factor 75 Meals: A week’s worth of healthy meals, cooked for her by a healthy food delivery service, like
4. Home Organizer: Hire a home organizer to make her closet look magazine-level beautiful and organized – a great organizer can do this in 6-8 hours.
Fashion stylist and Brooklyn mom, Richards is the founder of Brooklyn’s Shen Beauty, a boutique beauty brand.
Jessica’s gift picks:
1. Beauty Chef Glow: This chocolate protein powder saves me every morning. I throw it into my smoothie and I’m ready for the busy day ahead.
2. Library of Flowers: When I have time to really relax this milky bath treat helps me to nourish my skin and I’m just obsessed with the scent.
3. Petal by Pedal: I love the whole concept of Petal by Pedal – local and freshly grown flowers and plants delivered by bicycle. It’s perfect and thoughtful!
4. UMA Pure Rest Oil: After a long weekend my Sunday night ritual is to place UMA Pure Rest oil on my temples for instant relaxation. I swear it immediately calms me down making it the best sleep after a nonstop weekend. The ultimate mom potion.
5. A Unique Terrarium: It’s such a cool gift and the kids love it as well. It ups the typical bouquet, and if I can’t keep the pants alive I use the glass terrarium as candle holders.
Founder of women’s fashion blog What I Wore. Lives in Bloomington, Indiana. Mom to Felix, 1 1/2.
Jessica’s gift picks:
“Off the top of my head there’s a bee print pocket square form J.Crew I’d like! I would love a tee that says “mother knows best” in French (which I obviously failed because I couldn’t tell you the translation). Also, every gift giving season I ask for a tree height fiddle leaf fig. Still no luck…yet!”
Co-founder of Chatbooks, an online way to turn your digital photos into scrapbooks. Mom of 7 (!), ranging in age from 8 to 21.
Vanessa’s gift ideas:
“Pay attention! I’m always dropping little hints of things I want. Honestly, the best Mother’s Day gift I ever got was when my husband replaced the battery in my watch that had been dead for weeks; I had been complaining about it but never got around to getting it fixed. More than having a working watch again, I loved how this simple service showed that he recognized my needs and wanted to do something nice for me.”
1. Raising Wild Swimwear: The weather is starting to warm up and swim season is near. I hate swimsuit shopping but I’m obsessed with the suits at Raising Wild. They are stylish and fun, but have the coverage I need while chasing my kids!
2. MaskCara IIID Foundation: This is perfect for highlighting and contouring (and feeling glamorous while doing so).
3. Loom Goods: Their beautiful mud cloth pillows would be a sharp addition to any room.
HOW ARE YOU CELEBRATING THE MOM(S) IN YOUR LIFE FOR MOTHER’S DAY THIS YEAR?